Wednesday 12 January 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Green-Eyed Monster, directed by J. Gordon Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1916 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Gérard Jaquet: French politician who represented the French Section of the Workers' International (SFIO) in the Constituent Assembly elected in 1945, in the Constituent Assembly elected in 1946 and in the National Assembly from 1946 to 1958.
- G?rard Fraikin: Neuilly sur Seine EXecutives.
- Ruth Benerito: American chemist and inventor (d. 2013).
- P Botha: South African politician 8th Prime Minister of South Africa (d. 2006).
- Jay McShann: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2006).
- William Pleeth: English cellist and educator (d. 1999)
- Pieter Botha: South African politician who was Prime Minister from 1978-1984 when he was elected President. He remained President of the Republic of South Africa until 1989 when he resigned over party differences. During his time as President he initiated some limited reform of apartheid policies but continued to keep Blacks separate and to administer repressive policies.
- A P[ieter] W Botha: Orange Free State, South Africa -- President of South Africa
- Pieter Willem Botha: South African politician (d. 2006)
- Britain proclaims Gilbert and Ellice Island colony in the Pacific.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Think We've Got Another Washington (Wilson is His Name) - Peerless Quartet
- America, I Love You - Sam Ash
- When You're in Love with Someone Who is Not in Love with You - Henry Burr & Helen Clark
- Noche Serena (Calm Night) - Emilio DeGogorza
- They Didn't Believe Me - Walter Van Brunt & Gladys Rice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?