Friday 12 January 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maharishi Yogi and Ilya Prigogine.
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1917 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Maharishi Yogi: Indian yogi and leader of the School of Transcendental Meditation, internationally known for supplicants who included at one time the Beatles George Harrison and John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Mike Love of the Beach Boys and Mia Farrow (who reported disillusionment when she left).
- Ilya Prigogine: Russian-born Belgian physical chemist who received the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1977 for contributions to nonequilibrium thermodynamics.
- Walter Hendl: American pianist composer and conductor (d. 2007).
- Jimmy Skinner: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2007).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 January 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Were Just Made to Order for Me - Marguerite Farrell & M.J. O'Connell
- Babes in the Wood - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?