Wednesday 12 January 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Henry Davis Jr and Leo Smit.
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1921 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- John Henry Davis Jr: Smithtown, New York -- Weightlifter (1948, 52 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Leo Smit: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Pianist / composer.
- André Bussinger: Evron Journalist.
- Gervase Elwes: English tenor (Born 1866).
- Kenesaw Mountain Landis becomes first commissioner of baseball.
- Acting to restore confidence in baseball after the Black Sox Scandal, Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis is elected as Major League Baseball's first commissioner.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fair One - Ted Lewis & His Band
- The Japanese Sandman - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?