Wednesday 12 January 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leopold Ahsen and Salvatore Martirano.
The Kid Brother, directed by Ted Wilde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1927 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Leopold Ahsen: Writer.
- Salvatore Martirano: Composer.
- Guy Lafitte: French jazz tenor saxophonist, most notable for his work with Mezz Mezzrow from 1951–1952 and having toured with Big Bill Broonzy in 1951.
- James Stover: American executive and CEO of Eaton, a truck component, electrical controls and high efficiency engines manufacturer.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 January 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?