Saturday 12 January 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Colin Berry Haycraft and Léon Dony.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1929 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Colin Berry Haycraft: Publisher.
- Léon Dony: Belgian actor, comedian, and director.
- Joëlle Gravelaine: French pro astrologer, lecturer and author.
- Alasdair MacIntyre: Scottish-American philosopher and academic.
- Jaakko Hintikka: Finnish philosopher and logician (d. 2015).
- Seatrain (railroad cars on ships) service begins, New Orleans, Louisiana to Havana, Cuba.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?