Sunday 12 January 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Yarborough singer (Limeliters - "Honey and Wine" and Luitgard Im.
The Farmer's Wife, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1930 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Glenn Yarborough singer (Limeliters - "Honey and Wine": "Jubilee").
- Luitgard Im: German theatre and film actress, who appeared in many movies and TV-productions for almost 50 years.
- Edgar Lansbury: British-American film producer who is noted for his productions, "The Subject Was Roses," "Godspell" and "The Clairvoyant.
- Bruce Lansbury: British-American film producer along with his twin brother, Edgar.
- Glenn Yarbrough: American musician, folk singer and guitarist who originally started with the "Limelighters" 1959-1963.
- Giuseppe Gentile:
- Tim Horton: Canadian hockey player (Born 1930)
- Jennifer Johnston: Irish author and playwright
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?