Thursday 12 January 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Aspel and Liliana Cavani.
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1933 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Michael Aspel: British entertainer of radio and TV who is best known for being Mr.
- Liliana Cavani: Italian cinematographer, a film-maker of political documentaries including "The Story of the Third Reich" and "I, Cannibali.
- Clifford Greenwalt: American civil engineer and CEO in charge of Central Illinois Public Service.
- Pavlos Matesis: Greek author and playwright (d. 2013).
- Vaclav Suk: Composer, dies at 71.
- Uprising of Guardia Civil in Spain, 25 die.
- US Congress recognizes independence for Philippines.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?