Friday 12 January 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1934 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Lew Williams: American rockabilly singer and songwriter, known as the "Cab Calloway of rockabilly".
- Burdette Haldorson: United States -- Basketball player (1956, 60 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Metin Serezli: Turkish actor and director (d. 2013).
- Alan Sharp: Scottish-American author and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Mick Sullivan: English rugby league footballer.
- James Fergason: American lieutenant and businessman (d. 2008)
- Pawel Kochanski: Polish violinist, composer and arranger (Born 1887).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?