Sunday 12 January 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1936 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Alain Corbin: French historian, specializing in 19th century France and in microhistory.
- Jennifer Hilton: Baroness Hilton of Eggardon English police officer and politician.
- Raimonds Pauls: Latvian pianist and composer.
- Brajanath Ratha: Indian poet and activist (d. 2014).
- Mohammad Sayeed: Indian lawyer and politician Indian Minister of Home Affairs (d. 2016).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?