Tuesday 12 January 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Liliana Cavani and Rossella Como.
Black Legion, directed by Archie L. Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Re-View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1937 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Liliana Cavani: Bologna, Italy -- Director (Berlin Affair).
- Rossella Como: Italian actress and television personality, who started her career at 16 as a TV presenter in the RAI show "Primo applauso.
- Marie Dubois: French actress of the new wave, launched by Eric Rohmer.
- Antoine Jeancourt-Galignani: French politician and business leader, a former chairman of the supervisory board of Euro Disney.
- Alain Lancelot: Swiss government employee.
- Guy Lagorce: France sport Champion
- Shirley Eaton: English actress
- Vicente Sardinero: Spanish actor and singer (d. 2002)
- Plow for laying submarine cable patented.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?