Wednesday 12 January 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Frazier in Beaufort and Joe Frazier.
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1944 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Joe Frazier in Beaufort: South Carolina, USA; heavyweight champion boxer (Olympics-gold-1964)/champion (1968-73).
- Joe Frazier: American boxer and businessman.
- Carlos Villagran: Mexican actor.
- Hans Atrott: German author and theorist.
- Vlastimil Hort: Czech-German chess player.
- Viktoria Postnikova: Russian pianist
- Cynthia Robinson: American trumpet player and singer (Sly and the Family Stone and Graham Central Station) (d. 2015)
- Carlos Villagrán: Mexican actor and journalist
- Lance C Wade: American pilot (Born 1915).
- Churchill and de Gaulle begin a 2-day wartime conference in Marrakesh
- Failed resistance raid on distribution office of Borgerstraat, Amsterdam.
- Winston Churchill and Charles De Gaulle begin a 2-day wartime conference in Marrakech.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Star Eyes - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- My Ideal - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Speak Low (When You Speak, Love) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Victory Polka - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Kay Armen - The Dreamer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?