Wednesday 12 January 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James W Dietz and Kentaro Haneda.
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Egyptian by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching School House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1949 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- James W Dietz: Rower.
- Kentaro Haneda: Japanese composer (d. 2007).
- Michael W Vannier: American radiologist.
- Ottmar Hitzfeld: German football coach and former player.
- Haruki Murakami: Japanese writer.
- Kentarō Haneda: Japanese pianist and composer (d. 2007)
- Hamadi Jebali: Tunisian engineer journalist and politician 19th Prime Minister of Tunisia
- Wayne Wang: Hong Kong-American director producer and screenwriter
- Arthur Godfrey & His Friends premieres on CBS TV
- Dutch court affirms death sentence against SS chief Hanns Rauter.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?