Monday 12 January 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
The Little World of Don Camillo, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1953 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Brigitte Girardin: French politician who served from 2010-2011 as Secretary-General of United Republic (République solidaire, RS) which is a centre-right political party in France.
- Mary Harron: Canadian director and screenwriter.
- Simeon Roncal: Composer, dies at 82.
- 9 Jewish physicians arrested for terrorist activities in Moscow
- Estonian émigrés found a government in exile in Oslo.
- Marshal Josip Broz Tito is chosen President of Yugoslavia.
- The CIA-sponsored Robertson Panel first meets to discuss the UFO phenomenon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pretend - Ralph Marterie & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?