Friday 12 January 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vince Buck and Keith Anderson.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Airport by Arthur Haile was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zimmer 13.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1968 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Vince Buck: NFL safety (New Orleans Saints).
- Keith Anderson: American country music singer-songwriter.
- Rachael Harris: American actress.
- Junichi Masuda: Japanese director producer and composer.
- Mauro Silva: Brazilian footballer.
- Beatles Film Production Ltd changes name to Apple Film Production Ltd
- Nighttime version of Hollywood Squares premieres on NBC TV
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 January 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Top #10 songs in the UK
- The Scaffold - Lily The Pink
- The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour (EP)
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Four Tops - Walk Away Renee
- Ain't Got No / I Got Life / Do What You Gotta Do - Nina Simone
- Georgie Fame - Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Love Affair - Everlasting Love
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Des O'Connor - 1-2-3 O'Leary
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?