Tuesday 12 January 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Wheels by Arthur Haile was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1971 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Andy Fox: Sacramento, California -- Infielder (New York Yankees).
- Shane Dronett NFL defensive end (Atlanta Falcons: Denver Broncos).
- Andy Fox in Sacramento: California, USA; infielder (New York Yankees).
- Scott Burrell: NBA guard / forward (Chicago Bulls, Charlotte Hornets).
- All in the Family premieres on CBS featuring 1st toilet flush on TV
- Soon opens at Ritz Theater NYC for 3 performances
- Fed grand jury indicts Rev Philip Berrigan and 5 others, including a nun and 2 priests, on charges of plotting to kidnap Henry Kissinger
- US Federal grand jury indicts Reverand Philip Berrigan and five others, including a nun and two priests, on charges of plotting to kidnap Henry Kissinger.
- The Harrisburg Seven: The Reverend Philip Berrigan and five others are indicted on charges of conspiring to kidnap Henry Kissinger and of plotting to blow up the heating tunnels of federal buildings in Washington, D.C.
- The landmark television sitcom ''All In The Family'', starring Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker, debuts on CBS.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?