Wednesday 12 January 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Ross and Randy Sklar.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Cowboys, directed by Mark Rydell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Amazing World of Kreskin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1972 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Dominique Ross: NFL running back (Dallas Cowboys).
- Randy Sklar: American comedian.
- Jason Sklar: American comedian.
- Priyanka Gandhi: Indian politician, daughter of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi an is the granddaughter of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- Espen Knutsen: Norwegian ice hockey player and coach.
- Paul Wilson: Australian cricketer and umpire
- Padraic Colum: Irish Poet / writer / founder (Irish Review), dies at 90.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 January 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?