Wednesday 12 January 1977
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Leo Sayer.
In UK Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
The Sentinel, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1977 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Sara Walsh in South Bend: Indiana; fencer-foil (Olympics-1996).
- Cade McNown: American football player.
- Piolo Pascual: Filipino film and television actor, musician, model, and producer.
- Stéphan Buckland: Mauritian sprinter.
- Yoandy Garlobo: Cuban baseball player.
- Henri-Georges Clouzot: French screenwriter and playwright from the early '30s.
- Ipi Tombi opens at Harkness Theater NYC for 39 performances
- Anti-French demonstrations takes place in Israel after Paris releases Abu Daoud, responsible for 1972 Munich massacre of Israeli athletes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Brick - Dazz
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- The Sylvers - Hot Line
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?