Friday 12 January 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Maria Bamford Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney or Combat Mission: Shock Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 12 January 2007 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 January
- Sir James Killen: Australian politician (Born 1925).
- The US Embassy in Athens is attacked with a rocket propelled grenade, causing minimal damage and no injuries.
- Comet C/2006 P1 (McNaught) reaches perihelion becoming the brightest comet in more than 40 years.
- China and Russia veto a United States drafted United Nations Security Council Resolution that would have urged the government of Myanmar to stop human rights abuses and the repression of political opposition. (LA Times)
- Terri Irwin, widow of naturalist and TV personality Steve Irwin, reports that all footage of his death from a stingray piercing his heart has been destroyed, and the events surrounding his death will not be shown in his final documentary, ''Ocean's Deadliest''. (Access Hollywood)
- The Chinese Foreign Ministry warns it has intelligence indicating East Turkestan Islamic Movement terrorists will launch an attack against China from Kyrgyzstan. Security personnel along the border between the two countries is increased. (RFE/RL)
- United States armed forces raid the office of the Iranian Consulate General in Arbil, a city in Iraqi Kurdistan. (The New York Times)
- Underground tunnel of the future Pinheiros Subway Station, in São Paulo collapses, opening a huge crater and making a large number of vehicles falling into.
- Fakhruddin Ahmed becomes the new Chief Advisor in Bangladesh amid the current political crisis. (USA Today)
- Somali government and Ethiopian forces capture the town of Ras Kamboni, and pursue fleeing Islamist forces. (AP)
- An Argentinian judge issues an arrest warrant for former president Isabel Martínez de Perón, implicated in the disappearance of a human-rights activist in 1976. Perón has been living in Spain since 1981. (BBC)
- ''''Casino Royale'''' and ''''The Queen'''' lead this year's BAFTA film award nominations. (BBC)
- Raleb Majadele is appointed minister of science and technology, becoming the first Israeli Arab Muslim to serve as a cabinet minister in the government of Israel. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
- Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This
- T2 featuring Jodie Aysha - Heartbroken
- Eric Prydz vs Floyd - Proper Education
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Take That - Rule The World
- Take That - Patience
- Timbaland featuring One Republic - Apologize
- U2 - Window In The Skies
- Girls Aloud - Call The Shots
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?