Thursday 12 July 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
A Strike in a Dime Museum, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1900!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1900 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Chhabi Biswas: Indian actor and director (d. 1962).
- Carlo Cappelletti: Italian scientist, botanist, author, many publications on botany, married once, two children.
- Angilotto Modotto: Italy Painter.
- Fjodor Godunov-Tcherdynchev: Russian poet (Life of Tchernyshevsky).
- 114 degrees F (46 degrees C), Basin, Wyoming (state record).
- A German cruise liner, the SS ''Deutschland'', breaks the record for the Blue Riband for the first time with an average speed of .
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?