Thursday 12 July 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jo Myong-Rok and Alastair Burnet.
The Sad Sack, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1928 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Jo Myong-Rok: North Korean military official (d. 2010).
- Alastair Burnet: English journalist (d. 2012).
- Elias Corey: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Imero Fiorentino: American lighting designer (d. 2013).
- Jo Myong-rok: North Korean marshal (d. 2010).
- 1st televised tennis match
- Mexican aviator Emilio Carranza dies in a solo plane crash in the New Jersey Pine Barrens, while returning from a goodwill flight to New York City.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 July 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?