Monday 12 July 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Simmons and Susan Blu.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1948 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Richard Simmons: American guru in the multimillion dollar industry of diet and physical fitness.
- Susan Blu: American voice actress and director.
- Ben Burtt: American director screenwriter and sound designer.
- Walter Egan: NYC, New York -- Rock vocalist (Not Shy, Fundamental Roll).
- Jay Thomas: Dj / actor (Eddie LeBec-Cheers, Jerry Gold-Murphy Brown).
- 1st jets to fly across Atlantic (6 RAF de Havilland Vampires)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 July 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?