Saturday 12 July 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Don't Bother to Knock, directed by Roy Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1952 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Voja Antonić: Serbian computer scientist and journalist designed the Galaksija computer.
- Irina Bokova: Bulgarian politician Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Philip Kramer: American bass player (Iron Butterfly) (d. 1995).
- Liz Mitchell: Jamaican-English singer (Boney M.).
- Phil Kramer: Youngtown, Ohio -- Rocker (Iron Butterfly).
- Philip Taylor Kramer: American bassist (Iron Butterfly) (d. 1995)
- Voja Antonic: Serbian inventor and writer
- East German SED decides to form German DR army
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?