Sunday 12 July 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1953 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- John Ausonius: Swedish criminal (The Laser Man).
- KTVB TV channel 7 in Boise, ID (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?