Tuesday 12 July 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Dam Busters, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1955 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Timothy Ash: English historian and author.
- Jimmy LaFave: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Bambi Woods: American porn actress.
- 22nd All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 6-5 in 12 at County Stadium, Milwaukee
- Christian Democratic Party forms in Argentina
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Les Paul and Mary Ford - Hummingbird
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?