Thursday 12 July 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stein Jorgesen and Julio Cesar Chavez.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Tales of Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1962 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Stein Jorgesen: Los Angeles, California -- Sprint kayak (1996 Olympics).
- Julio Cesar Chavez: Mexican boxer.
- Feiez : Italian musician and sound engineer, a multi-instrumentalist who had a ten-year engagement with the Italian band 'Elio e le Storie Tese.
- Julio Chavez: Boxer.
- Julio Chávez: Mexican boxer.
- Luc De Vos: Belgian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Gorki) (d. 2014)
- Dan Murphy: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Soul Asylum and Golden Smog)
- Joanna Shields: American-English businesswoman
- Dean Wilkins: English footballer and manager
- Roger Wolfe Kahn: American band leader (Born 1907).
- 1st time 2 manned crafts in space (USSR)
- Rolling Stones 1st performance (Marquee Club, London)
- The Rolling Stones perform their first ever concert, at the Marquee Club in London.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes) - Dee Dee Sharp
- Emilio Pericoli - Al Di La'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?