Thursday 12 July 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Tales of Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1962 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Julio Cesar Chavez: Mexican boxer.
- Stein Jorgesen: Los Angeles, California -- Sprint kayak (1996 Olympics).
- Julio Chávez: Mexican boxer.
- Luc De Vos: Belgian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Gorki) (d. 2014).
- Dan Murphy: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Soul Asylum and Golden Smog).
- Joanna Shields: American-English businesswoman
- Dean Wilkins: English footballer and manager
- Feiez : Italian musician and sound engineer, a multi-instrumentalist who had a ten-year engagement with the Italian band 'Elio e le Storie Tese.'
- Julio Chavez: Boxer
- Roger Wolfe Kahn: American band leader (Born 1907).
- 1st time 2 manned crafts in space (USSR)
- Rolling Stones 1st performance (Marquee Club, London)
- The Rolling Stones perform their first ever concert, at the Marquee Club in London.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Emilio Pericoli - Al Di La'
- Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes) - Dee Dee Sharp
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?