Friday 12 July 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Easier Said Than Done by The Essex.
In UK I Like It by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Thrill of It All, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Grandmother And The Priests by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1963 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Thierry Tulasne: French tennis player, who won five singles titles during his professional career.
- Norman Alvis: Fair Oaks, California -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Pauline Reade, 16, is abducted by Myra Hindley and Ian Brady in Manchester, England. Her remains would be found in July 1987.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?