Saturday 12 July 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Nicole Carson and Alan Mullally.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Easy Rider, directed by Dennis Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1969 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Lisa Nicole Carson: American actress.
- Alan Mullally: England cricketer.
- Chantal Jouanno: French politician, who was Minister of Sports in the third government of François Fillon from 14 November 2010 to 26 September 2011, before taking office as senator on 1 October 2011.
- Richard Stuart: American homicide victim of an attack, shot and killed by his sister's former beau, Stephen Gruning, on 2/12/1995.
- Lauren Lake: TV Show Host.
- Lisa Carson: TV Actress
- Renee Graziano: Reality Star
- Anne-Sophie Pic: French chef
- Jesse Pintado: Mexican-American guitarist (Napalm Death Terrorizer and Lock Up) (d. 2006)
- Henry George Lamond: Australian novelist (Born 1885).
- 98th British Golf Open: Tony Jacklin shoots a 280 at Royal Lytham
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Three Dog Night - One
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- The Winstons - Color Him Father
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?