Wednesday 12 July 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Topher Grace and Michelle Rodriguez.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Pink Panther, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Holcroft Covenant by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Canyon Bomber or Cosmic Conflict.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1978 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Topher Grace: American actor.
- Michelle Rodriguez: American actress.
- Claire Chitham: New Zealand actress.
- Kristiina Poska: Estonian conductor.
- Sun Bank Building opens
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?