Friday 12 July 1996
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Delaney Glazer and Nick Dean.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to How Do U Want It by 2 Pac.
In UK Killing Me Softly by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
The Frighteners, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Championship Manager 96/97 or Eggerland Episode 0: Quest of Lala.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1996!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1996 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Delaney Glazer: Dancer.
- Nick Dean: Pop Singer.
- Moussa Dembélé: French footballer.
- Jordan Romero: American mountaineer.
- Andrew Rodger Waterson: Scholar Naturalist, dies at 84.
- John Boon: Publisher, dies at 79.
- John William Chancellor: Journalist, dies at 68.
- William Darling: Journalist, dies at 73.
- John Chancellor: American journalist, TV personality, host of NBC's "Today" show after Dave Garroway, July 1961 to September 1962.
- Gottfried von Einem: Bern, Switzerland -- Austrian composer (Dantons Tod)
- Kirby Puckett, retires from Minn Twins
- Michael Jordan signs a NBA contract for 1 year for $25 million
- Hurricane Bertha: made landfall in North Carolina as a Categoryampnbsp2 storm, causing $270ampnbspmillion in damage to the United States and its possessions and many indirect deaths.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Monica - Why I Love You So Much
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?