Wednesday 12 July 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gill Russell .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
The Merry Jail, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Series of Pop Culture.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: The Big Quiz or City Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 12 July 2006 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Gill Russell: Irish newsmaker, awarded the biggest payout in the history of Ireland for brain damage sustained at birth due to hospital negligence.
- Adamantios Lemos: Greek actor (Born 1916).
- The Hezbollah initiate Operation True Promise.
- An Israeli air strike destroys the Palestinian Foreign Ministry Building in Gaza City. (AP)
- An IDF reserve armoured division is called up in preparation for large scale operations in Lebanon, raising concerns for war. (Haaretz)
- Several thousand protesters march in the Mexican Federal District, protesting alleged vote fraud in last week's presidential election. (BBC)
- Former General Secretary of the Soviet Union Communist Party Mikhail Gorbachev says ampquotWe have made some mistakes,ampquot referring to attacks on Russia's democracy, and makes several unflattering comments about the United States. (ABC News America)
- 10 or more of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps members attend North Korea's launch of its Taepodong-2 missile. (''World Tribune'')
- The death toll from the 11 July 2006 Mumbai train bombings rises to 200 deaths and 700 injuries. Timers in pencils have been found at some of the sites of explosion. (CNN)
- U.S. broadcaster Robert Novak says Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove was not the primary source for the Plame leak. (Human Events)
- The Japanese national government announces it will introduce a satellite system that will warn residents of incoming missiles, earthquakes, and other disasters in a 200 million yen program named ampquotJ-ALERTampquot. (Mainichi Daily News).
- Iraqi security forces discover the bodies of 20 bus drivers kidnapped earlier in the week. Three kidnap victims are freed. (Reuters)
- Condoleezza Rice says Iran's rejection of the international incentives program will force the major powers to take decisions in the United Nations Security Council. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?