Saturday 12 June 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1920 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Consuelo Gonzales Posada: First Lady of Peru as the wife of General Juan Velasco Alvarado, military and political Peruvian, who held the presidency of Peru between 3 October 1968 and 28 July 1975 in the so - called Revolutionary Government of the Armed Forces.
- Dave Berg: American soldier and cartoonist (d. 2002).
- Peter Jones: English actor and screenwriter (d. 2000).
- Jim Siedow: American actor (d. 2003).
- Gabriel Arnaud: French painter and songwriter, gay, known in 1940s cabaret circles as "le Picasso de la chanson" (The Picasso of song) and "le monstre de Saint-Germain-des-Prés" (The monster of Saint-Germain-des-Prés).
- Hans Thielen: Germany Actor
- Farmer Labor Party organized (Chicago).
- Polish–Soviet War: The Red Army retakes Kiev.
- Essad Pasha Toptani, nominal ruler of Albania, is assassinated by Avni Rustemi in Paris.
- The United States Post Office Department rules that children may not be sent via parcel post. June 13 On-This-Day.com
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Whose Baby are You? - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?