Sunday 12 June 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include H C Artmann and Hendrik J Witteveen.
Dainanko kûsunoki ko îhidaiki, directed by Matsunosuke Onoe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1921!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1921 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- H C Artmann: Writer.
- Hendrik J Witteveen: Economist / Minister of finance / director (IMF).
- James Archibald Houston: Canadian artist (d. 2005).
- Luis Garcia Berlanga: Spanish film director and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Al Negratti: American athlete, pro basketball player for one season, 1946-47.
- Luis Berlanga: Spanish director and screenwriter (d. 2010)
- Christopher Derrick: English author critic and academic (d. 2007)
- James Houston: Canadian author and illustrator (d. 2005)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Make Believe - Nora Bayes (Charles Prince Orchestra)
- Make Believe - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- I Never Knew - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- My Mammy - Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?