Tuesday 12 June 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1928 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Scott Braeme: American CEO of Central Louisiana Electric who is noted as being a methodical executive.
- Vic Damone: American singer-songwriter and actor.
- Petros Molyviatis: Greek politician and diplomat Greek Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- Richard Sherman: American composer and director.
- Michael Wishart: Artist.
- Richard M Sherman: American songwriter
- Vic Damone [Vito Farinola] in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer ("The Street Where You Live").
- Richard Sherman in Manhattan: New York; song writer ("The Bear Necessities", "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", "It's a Small World", Academy Awards for "Chim Chim Cher-ee" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", Grammy Awards), named Disney Legend 1990.
- Salvador Diaz Miron: Mexicans poet.
- New York Yankee Lou Gehrig hits 2 triples and 2 HRs to be White Sox 15-7
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?