Monday 12 June 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Father of the Bride, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1950 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Klaus Eberhartinger: Austrian singer and presenter, grep up in Braunau am Inn, graduated with Matura in 1968.
- Dario Vicas: venezuelan politician.
- Oğuz Abadan: Turkish singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Michael Fabricant: English politician.
- Sonia Manzano: American actress singer and screenwriter.
- Linda Jenner: American homicide victim, stabbed to death by her estranged husband, Robert Jenner, on 1/08/1993, shortly after 6:30 PM at the Beverly Manor Nursing Home where she worked as a nurse.
- 2 Air France DC-4s crash near Bahrain, about 100 die
- Connie Mack named Honorary Manager of the All-Star Game
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bonaparte's Retreat - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
- Mona Lisa - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?