Friday 12 June 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1953 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Timothy Busfield: American actor seen in "Field of Dreams" and "Sneakers.
- Rebecca Holden in Austin: Texas, USA; actress (April - Knight Rider).
- Rocky Burnette: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Tess Gerritsen: American physician and author.
- David Thornton: American actor.
- Nino Formicola: Italian comedian, also known as Gaspar, who has had a long calloboration with Andrea Brambilla. The pair met at The Derby Club in 1976 and appeared on television from 1978 as the duo, 'Zuzzurro and Gaspar.' Their successful collaboration ended with the death of Brambilla/Zuzzurro on 24 October 2013.
- Rocky Burnette in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; rocker ("Towing the Line").
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?