Sunday 12 June 1977
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'm Your Boogie Man by KC and the Sunshine Band.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
The Rescuers, directed by John Lounsbery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Falconer by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1977 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Wade Redden: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Kenny Shepherd: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Rides).
- Richard Ayoade: Comedian.
- Lil Duval: Comedian.
- Chris Beckman: American artist who appears in the popular series on MTV "The Real World: Chicago.
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd: American blues-rock guitarist
- Andrea Schwartz: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- 200m butterfly (1996 Olympics)
- Pippin closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 1944 performances
- 23rd LPGA Championship won by Chako Higuchi
- Ground-breaking ceremonies for President Kennedy library.
- The Supremes perform its final concert together at Drury Lane in London, England and then disbands permanently.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?