Saturday 12 June 1982
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
Firefox, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Man From St. Petersburg by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1982!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1982 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Loic Duval: French racing driver.
- Ben Blackwell: American drummer (The Dirtbombs).
- Jason David: American football player.
- Loïc Duval: French race car driver.
- Marko Popović: Croatian basketball player.
- Anri Sugihara: Japanese model
- Samantha Tolj: Australian actress
- James Tomlinson: English cricketer
- Diem Brown: Reality Star
- Artem Chigvintsev: Dancer
- Ian McKay: British soldier, Victoria Cross recipient (Born 1953).
- 750,000 anti-nuclear demonstrators, rally in Central Park, New York City
- Battle of Mount Longdon Falkland Islands
- Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel perform in Rotterdam
- A rally against nuclear weapons draws 750,000 to New York City's Central Park. Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Bruce Springsteen, and Linda Ronstadt attend.
- The 1982 FIFA World Cup begins in Spain.
- Fahd becomes King of Saudi Arabia upon the death of his brother, Khalid.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Toto - Rosanna
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Crimson And Clover
- Deniece Williams - It's Gonna Take A Miracle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?