Sunday 12 June 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anja Rubik and Bryan Habana.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Superman III, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Consultant.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond the Tesseract or Mined-Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1983 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Anja Rubik: Polish model.
- Bryan Habana: South African rugby player.
- Christine Sinclair: Soccer Player.
- Andy Ologun: Nigerian boxer and actor.
- Alexander Pipa: German rugby player.
- Norma Shearer: Canadian-American actress, the recipient of a Best Actress Oscar for her role in "The Divorcee.
- 29th LPGA Championship won by Patty Sheehan
- Comet C / 1983 (Sugano-Saigusa-Fujikawa) approaches 0.0628 AUs of Earth
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Rick Springfield - Affair Of The Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?