Tuesday 12 June 1990
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to It Must Have Been Love by Roxette.
In UK World In Motion by Englandneworder was in the top 5 hits.
Gremlins 2: The New Batch, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Stand by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1990!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1990 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Jerome Jarre: Vine Star.
- Jrue Holiday: Basketball Player.
- Kevin Wu: American comedian.
- KevJumba : American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Kevin López: Spanish runner.
- David Worrall: English footballer
- Egypt (500-1 longshot) ties favorite Netherlands 1-1 in World Cup game
- Orioles Cal Ripken plays in his 1,308th consecutive game to move past Everett Scott into 2nd place on the all-time list
- Oakland Athletics' Rickey Henderson becomes second to steal 900 bases.
- New York Yankees' reliever Dave Righetti becomes 9th to record 200 saves.
- New York Mets beat Chicago Cubs 19-8 at Wrigley Field; Chicago Cubs outfielder Doug Dazcenzo pitched a scoreless 9th inning.
- Russia Day : the parliament of the Russian Federation formally declares its sovereignty.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?