Tuesday 12 June 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
1408, directed by Mikael Hfstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Flight of the Conchords.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beatmania IIDX 15 DJ Troopers or SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 12 June 2007 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 June
- Nigerian author Chinua Achebe wins the Man Booker International Prize in honour of his career. (BBC)
- Ehud Barak, former Prime Minister of Israel, declares victory in a vote for the leadership of the Israeli Labor Party, with 51.5% of the vote compared to 47.5% for former security chief Ami Ayalon. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- The PKK declares that it will stop attacks on Turkey but will defend itself if attacked. (AP via the Kansas City Star)
- Jamaican police declare that former Pakistani cricket team coach Bob Woolmer died of natural causes, ending a murder investigation. (Radio Jamaica)
- Severe rain causes flash flooding throughout Ireland, where places have been flooded after just 30 minutes of rain, particularly in Ulster. This brings to an end a period of very warm temperatures of up to 29 °C (84 °F) on the island. The town of Omagh and parts of Belfast are worst hit. (BBC)
- Mudslides and floods kill nearly 130 in Bangladesh. Rescuers find 20 more bodies buried under mud in Chittagong, bringing the total number of flood-related deaths to nearly 130. (Reuters)
- Milan Martić is found guilty of murder and persecution committed while he was leader of the Krajina Serb republic between 1991 and 1995. (BBC)
- Afghan officials claim that seven members of the Afghan police were killed by Coalition air forces in a friendly fire incident. (Reuters)
- Palestinian factional violence: Hamas officials report that a rocket-propelled grenade has been fired at the house of Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, causing damage but no injuries. (AP via Forbes)
- Structural failure is suspected after the top two floors of a five-storey building collapse in central London's Dean Farrar Street. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?