Saturday 12 May 1900
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Helene Weigel Austria/German actress (Metropolis and Joseph Rochefort.
Confounding the Art Critic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1900!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1900 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Helene Weigel Austria/German actress (Metropolis: Mutter Courage).
- Joseph Rochefort: American naval officer and cryptanalyst (d. 1976).
- Helene Weigel: Austrian / German actress (Metropolis), dies at 70.
- Boer attack under Sarel Eloff, about 70 killed.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?