Tuesday 12 May 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Home, Sweet Home, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1914 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Howard K Smith: Louisiana, United States -- TV newsman (ABC, Moderated Kennedy-Nixon debate).
- Dan Daniel (Representative-Democrat-Virginia: 1969-).
- James Bacon: American entertainment columnist and reporter (d. 2010).
- Bertus Aafjes: Dutch poet and writer, influenced by German romanticism.
- Howard Smith: Actor (Harvey Griffin-Hazel), dies at 74.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Do You Take This Woman for Your Lawful Wife? - William J. Halley
- Where Can I Meet You To-Night? - Ada Jones & Henry Burr
- Dance of the Hours - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?