Monday 12 May 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pat McCormick-Keller in Lakewood and Jesus Franco.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1930 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Pat McCormick-Keller in Lakewood: California, USA; platform/springboard diver (Olympics-4 gold-1952, 1956).
- Jesus Franco: Spanish film director.
- Jesús Franco: Spanish director and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Pieter Jelles Troelstra: Dutch SDAP leader, dies at age 70.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Marc Connelly (Green Pastures)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?