Wednesday 12 May 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Captains Courageous, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1937!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1937 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- George Carlin: American comedian who began doing TV variety shows in 1966, and nightclubs.
- Miriam Stoppard: British doctor, writer and TV personality for the medical talk show, "Where There's Life," 1981-89.
- Beryl Burton: English cyclist (d. 1996).
- George Carlin in Bronx: New York, USA; comedian (Seven words you can't say on television, AM and FM, Carwash).
- Susan Hampshire: English actress and singer.
- Gerry E Studds American politician (Representative-Democrat-Massachusetts: 1973-).
- Misha Defonseca: Belgian writer and the author of Misha: A Mémoire of the Holocaust Years, first published in 1997 and at that time professed to be a memoir. It became an instant success in Europe and was translated into 18 languages. The French version of the book was a derivative work based on the original with the title Survivre avec les loups that was published in 1997 by the Éditions Robert Laffont; this second version was adapted into the French film Survivre avec les loups (Surviving With Wolves).
- George VI and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- St. Louis Cardinals beat Philadelphia Phillies, 15-3
- A Soviet station becomes the first scientific research settlement to operate on the drift ice of the Arctic Ocean.
- As one of the reprisals for the attempted assassination of Italian viceroy Rodolfo Graziani, a detachment of Italian troops massacres the entire community of Debre Libanos, killing 297 monks and 23 laymen.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?