Monday 12 May 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1947 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Michael Ignatieff: Canadian writer, journalist, biographer, novelist, playwright, and Director of Carr Center for Human Rights Policy at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.
- Christian Daziano: French diplomat, who served as ambassador to Burundi (1999-2003), Benin (2003-2007) and Mozambique (2009-2012).
- Micheline Lanctot: American film actor, director and screenwriter.
- Catherine Yronwode: American writer and editor.
- Stephen Raville: American legal tax advisor, economist and CEO of Advanced Telecommunications.
- The animated cartoon film ''Rabbit Transit'', directed by Friz Freleng, is released.
- The Cold War begins: In an effort to fight the spread of Communism, President Harry S. Truman signs an Act of Congress that implements the Truman Doctrine. This Act grants $400 million in military and economic aid to Turkey and Greece.
- David Lean's film ''Great Expectations'', based on the novel by Charles Dickens, opens in the United States. Critics call it the finest film ever made from a Charles Dickens novel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Mam'selle
- Across The Alley From The Alamo - Mills Brothers
- I Never Knew - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?