Friday 12 May 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Caged, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1950 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Steve Baskerville: American broadcaster, a former Channel 3 weatherman from 1978-1984, and CBS Morning News Anchor from 1984-1986.
- Billy Squier: American singer and songwriter, best known for his 1981 hit "The Stroke".
- Gabriel Byrne: Irish actor, film director, film producer, writer, cultural ambassador and audiobook narrator.
- Bruce Boxleitner: American actor, tall and handsome, best known for the TV series "Scarecrow and Mrs.
- Helena Kennedy: Scottish barrister, writer and broadcaster known for her powers of persuasion.
- Bruce Boxleitner in Elgin: Illinois, USA; actor (Scarecrow and Mrs King, Babylon 5).
- Shozo Fujii: judo champion.
- Renate Stecher-Meissner: in the German Democratic Republic; sprinter (Olympics-gold-1972).
- Billy Squier in Wellesley Hills: Massachusetts, USA; heavy metal guitarist ("Don't Say No").
- Jocko Marcellino: rocker (Sha Na Na).
- Darius Milhauds opera Bolivar, premieres in Paris
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hoop-Dee-Doo - Kay Starr
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Roses
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?