Sunday 12 May 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1957 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Ziya Onis: Turkish economist and academic.
- Astrid Fallon: Belgian pro astrologer, author of "The Graphic Ephemeris 1920-2040," 1998, “Planetary Cycles at a glance”, 2001, and of the annual “Rainbow Ephemeris” since 2003.
- Lou[is Rodman]: Whitaker; second baseman (Detroit Tigers).
- Lou Whitaker: American baseball player.
- Alfonso de Portago: Spanish bobsledder and race car driver (Born 1928).
- Erich von Stroheim, Austrian/US actor (Grand Illusion), dies at age 71.
- Beverly Hanson wins LPGA Smokey Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?