Monday 12 May 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, directed by Nathan Hertz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1958 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Andreas Petroulakis: Greek political caricaturist.
- Dries van Noten: Belgian fashion designer.
- Christian Brando: son of Marlon; killed sister's boyfriend.
- Eric Singer: American drummer.
- Beth Maitland: Actress (Traci - Young and the Restless).
- Kim Greist in Stamford: Connecticut, USA; actress (CHUD, Brazil, Payoff, Manhunter).
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Enwetak.
- A formal North American Aerospace Defense Command agreement is signed between the United States and Canada.
- French Algerian protesters seize government offices in Algiers, leading to a military coup.
- During a visit to Caracas, Venezuela, Vice President Richard M. Nixon's car is attacked by anti-American demonstrators.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Champs - Tequila
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?