Friday 12 May 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Happening by The Supremes.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1967!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1967 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Bill Shorten: Australian lawyer and politician 21st Minister for Education and Training.
- Warren Rychel in Tecumseh: Ontario, Canada; NHL left wing (Colorado Avalanche).
- Robert Blackmon defensive back (Indianapolis Colts: Seattle Seahawks).
- Lawrence Rucchin: hockey defenseman (Team Italy 1998).
- Cara Coughenour in Sioux City: Iowa, USA; female pitcher (Colorado Silver Bullets).
- R Blackmon: American athlete, safety.
- Kenny Greer: American baseball player, a one-time pitcher.
- Joe McKinney: Irish actor
- Paul D'Amour: American bass guitarist (Tool)
- H Rap Brown replaces Stokely Carmichael as Chairman of Student
- Provo disbands in the Netherlands Nonviolent Coordinating Committee
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?