Tuesday 12 May 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to American Woman by The Guess Who.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Ballad of Cable Hogue, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1970!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1970 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Todd Hallett: Shelburne, Nova Scotia -- Rower (1992, 96 Olympics - 7th Place).
- Andrew Coltart in Dumfries: Scotland; Australasia golfer.
- Stevie Anderson: NFL wide receiver (Arizona Cardinals).
- James Michael Furyk in West Chester: Pennsylvania, USA; PGA golfer (1994 Las Vegas-5th).
- Mike Malizia in Utica: New York, USA; Nike golfer (1993 Doral-Ryder Open-61st).
- Andreas Hestler in Victoria: British Columbia, Canada; cyclist (Olympics-1996).
- Steve Palframan: South African cricketer
- Mark Foster: British swimmer
- Jim Furyk: American golfer
- Samantha Mathis: American actress
- Mike Weir: Sarnia, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (Ontario Amateur-1990, 92)
- Leonie "Nelly" Sachs: German / Swedish Poet (Nobel 1966), dies at 78.
- Wladyslaw Anders: Polish military figure, General in the Polish Army and later in life a politician with the Polish government-in-exile in London.
- Nelly Sachs: Jewish German poet and playwright whose experiences resulting from the rise of the Nazis in World War II Europe transformed her into a poignant spokeswoman for the grief and yearnings of her fellow Jews.
- KTVM TV channel 6 in Butte, MT (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Race riots in Augusta, Georgia, USA; six blacks killed (5 by police).
- Harry A Blackmun is confirmed as a justice on the US Supreme Court.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- The Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?